The Anchorage Bar.243 Westmuir Street,Parkhead, Glasgow. G31
The Anchorage. 1991.
This was known to the locals as low Worton’s after the owners name, high Worton’s was the Anchor Bar on the Gallowgate at Parkhead. Opened around 1910 by the Worton family.
The Anchorage Bar is now long gone. A new housing estate now occupies this site. A real gentleman Mr Tam Waters ran this pub for a few years before it was demolished. Mr Waters went on to successfuly run a pub in Balornock for years. The old mahogany bar survived until the late 1980s when the bar was gutted it closed shortly afterwards.