The Brazen Head.
3 Cathcart Road, Glasgow. G42 7BE.Tel: 01414201530.
Many will remember this pub as the Granite City.
The Brazen Head. 1991.
There's been a pub on this site since 1851. James McCorkindale applied for the licence and was refused it on May of 1851 but was granted on appeal. Mr McCorkindale also owned a pub at 66 Crown Street. McCorkindale continued to serve here until 1862.
In 1863 Robert Cansh took over the running of the business, Robert ran pubs at 76 Glassford Street, now the Blane Valley, 69 Bell Street, 132 High Street, 21 Adelphi Street, 17 West Nile Street, 102 Rutherglen loan, 157 Upper Mains Street and Maxwell Street.
In 1872 James Anderson took over the pub, it stayed in the same family until 1922.