In 1899 there were 3 pubs on Cleland Street.
Number 2 Cleland Street sat at the corner of Crown Street the Horse Shoe Bar also known as Laurie's Vaults.
18 Cleland Street was the Pickwick Bar.
23 Cleland Street sat that the corner of Thistle Street and was known in the 30s as simply C Duff. Charles Duff the proprietor also owned a pub in Renfield Street called C Duff.
© 2002 John Gorevan. oldglasgowpubs.co.uk. All Rights Reserved.