J Eadie.12 Bridge Street, Glasgow.
J Eadie, photograph taken 1930.
This old Glasgow pub was established in 1860 by spirit merchant Kenneth Davidson, he only occupied the premises for a little over two years before Andrew McWilliam took over the running of the pub. Andrew McWilliam was a prominent city wine & spirit merchant having premises at 570 Rutherglen Road, 4 Clyde Place, 12 Bridge Street, 16-18 Maxwell Street and 64 East Howard Street, 46 South Coburg Street, 16-18 Canon Street and 382 Argyle Street.
The Bridge Street public house stayed in the family until 1939, John Eadie then took over the pub, he owned licensed premises at 418 Rutherglen Road, 69 Eglinton Street, 171 Watt Street, 84 Caledonia Road and 71 West Scotland Street.
The Bridge Street premises were closed down around 1940.