122 Glebe Street corner of 109 Kennedy Street, Townhead, Glasgow.
This old Glasgow pub was established in the 1860s owned by wine and Spirit Merchant John Hutcheson. the pub sat at the corner of Glebe Street and Kennedy Street. Members of the same family took over the business, in the 1890s William Hutcheson owned the premises, William lived in the poss Charing Cross Mansions. He also owned premises in nearby 100 Glebe Street.
Mr Hutcheson died in 1900, his son David then took over the business but only kept it until 1903. He sold the pub to manager Archibald McNiven. The McNiven family kept the pub until it was demolished in the 1960s. Donald McNiven was the last publican to own the pub. Other pubs that the family owned were
Mr Archibald McNiven. 1936.
To read more on Archibald McNiven and his other pubs see Argyll Arms Paisley Road West.