The Cosy Corner.511 New Keppochhill Road, Glasgow.
In the early part of the 1870s Mr David Henderson wine and spirit merchant was landlord of this public house, although under a different name the pub was a thriving business. Mr Henderson also owned another pub on Clyde Street, Port Dundas. When he passed away his wife took over the business around 1880. By this time she was living a few door down from the pub on New Keppochhill Road as it was then called.
In 1892 the licensee was James McIntyre who formerly traded from Stockwell Street for years, he continued serving the locals here until the turn of the new century. Mr Maltman then took over the pub, however in 1916 his wife Mariann became licensee, this may had been due to the fact that he went to fight for his country during the First World War. Marian was still in the pub after the war.
Many people living today may remember the Morrison family who owned the pub from the 1930s until the 1960s when the pub was closed down. William Morrison ran the pub during the 30s and Jeanie Morrison was here in the swinging 60s.