Sherry's Auchintoshan Bar.194-96 Springburn Road, Glasgow.
Sherry's Auchintoshan Bar was for over one hundred years a well known Springburn Landmark sitting on a prominent site at the corner of Auchintoshan Terrace since 1873. The Sherry family have been Glasgow Wine & Spirit Merchants since the 1850s. Brothers James and Patrick opened a small pub at 34 West Milton Street, Cowcaddens in 1856, the following year Stewart Street was added to their growing empire of public houses followed by Castle Street, Stockwell Street, Water Street, Bishop Street, Garscube Road, Raglan Street, Scott Street Townhead, and Parliamentary Road.
Other members of the family were Peter James and Felix, all were well known in the pub trade from the 1880s. The Auchintoshan Bar became the Sherry's headquarters. The license changed hands in 1915 when James Sherry became licensee, he continued until 1955, when John Y Nisbet became licensee for (James Sherry Wine & Spirits Ltd.) Mr Nisbet continued as licensee until the pub closed for good in the 1970s.