The Punch Bowl.
1512 Maryhill Road, Glasgow. G20. Tel: 01419452679.
The Punch Bowl. 1991.
The address of this old pub was 166 Wyndford Street.
This well established Maryhill local was a favourite landmark in the area for years, in recent years it has changed it's name to the Botany.
The pub can be traced back to the beginning of the 1900s, over the years many licensee have come and gone. One of the longest landlords to hold the certificate was Andrew White, he took control of the business from 1917 to the 1930s. The address of the pub was then Wyndford Street.
Archibald Kirkland took over the pub in 1930s till the 1960s. Mr Kirkland was a trustee and Attorney for the late William Craib.
View of the Punch Bowl 1939.
Punch Bowl 1937.
The Botany. August 2005.
In the News 1974...
Punchbowl have to fill the Cup...!
Punchbowl (above) and Sou' Wester A (below), currently the two strongest teams in the Glasgow Darts Association, had a rare old scrap when they clashed in the final of the White Horse Trophy tournament. Victory went to the Punchbowl 9-8, but only after the two teams had tied it at 6-6 and a best of five games decider had been ordered. 1974.