The Copper Lamp.
1850 Maryhill Road, Glasgow. G20.
The Copper Lamp 1991.
This pub was formerly called Garven's and is now called the Maryhill Tavern. Situated at the corner of Duncruin Street formerly known as Hill Street.
The history of this old Maryhill pub can be traced back to 1881. Wine and Spirit merchant William Garven was trading from these premises, the address then was 168 Main Street, Maryhill.
In 1889 Mrs Jane Garven was licensee, her son John was in partnership with John G Miller and traded under the title of Miller & Garven, 73 Virginia Street, Glasgow., possibly a whisky broker. Both Jane and John lived at the same address, 1 Mary's Place, Maryhill.
In 1937 Andrew Ross a well known and respected Glasgow wine and spirit merchant was licensee, Mr Ross also owned the Andros Bar, now Wintergill's on Great Western Road and the Halt Bar on Woodlands Road.
The Maryhill Tavern. 2005.
After the Second World War Mrs Martha Campbell was licensee, she continued until the 1960s. James Dunsmore took over as licensee in 1972.